Winter Salad at room temperature. Baby it’s cold outside.
Preparation time: Approx. 15 min.
For 4 people, Appetizer
Difficulty Level: Easy
1 small red cabbage
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of apple-cider vinegar
some sugar (optional)
80 grams of walnuts
2 tbsp sugar
1 pear (f.i.Williams)
1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp of sugar
4 handful of lamb’s lettuce (or bib lettuce)
100 g goat cream cheese
300 g small potatoes, boiled
1 tbsp butter for frying
1 sprig of fresh thyme (alternatively dried)
mild-sweet pear vinegar (alternatively fig vinegar, aged balsamico)
From the region
BABY, IT’S COLD OUTSIDE.
1. Wash the potatoes and place in cold water. Boil. With such small potatoes this takes about 15 minutes.
2. Remove the red cabbage from the stalk and grate finely. Sprinkle with salt and knead briefly with your hands. Let rest for a few minutes. Then season with olive oil, vinegar and salt.
3. For the caramelized pears, briefly melt the butter in a pan and let it froth a bit. Add the pears, sprinkle with sugar and caramelise briefly. Set aside.
4. For the caramelized nuts put the sugar in a hot pan, add the walnuts. When the sugar melts and the walnuts roast, sway briefly and place on baking paper.
5. For the dressing mix oil and vinegar in a ratio of 3: 1 and season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the boiled potatoes and brown briefly in clarified butter.
7. Wash the lamb’s lettuce. Mix with the red cabbage and the dressing. Serve with the potatoes, nuts and goat’s cheese. Don’t forget thyme.