Veal in Lemon-Caper Sauce
Preparation time: Approx. 30 min.
For 4 persons, Main Course
1 veal cutlet (per person 1)
2 organic lemons (zest of one lemon for the sauce, one for caramelising)
1-3 Tbsp Capers (to taste)
350 ml of veal stock/h6>
1 bunch of fresh parsley
Some flour for dusting
Vegetable oil and butter for frying
Cold butter pieces to bind the sauce
Aus der Region
„To the insatiable in each enjoyment, even happiness becomes an overflow.“ (Ludwig Bechstein)
Slowly the heat of the summer fades away and the concrete of the big city begins to catch a breath. While the days are still warm and pleasant to enjoy, the hot nights change to pleasantly cool evenings.
Time to switch the stove on and enjoy the last fruits of the summer. Like lemons and capers. If dear guests and a stimulating discussion about the world and life are added, it is perfect.
The conclusion of this summer.
1. Room temperature gives the veal some time to acclimatize – half an hour is just right.
2. Place the cutlet between the freshly wrapped film and flatten it with the flat side of the meat tenderizer. Salt and pepper on both sides, dust with flour on one side.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and let the butter froth. Fry the cutlets (one after the other) first on the dusted side, then from the other side and keep on a plate warm.
4. Add the veal stock and leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes. Chop the capers. Rip the lemon peel and add to the sauce with the capers. Turn the stove down. If the flame is low, let it rest.
5. Bring the cutlets and let them cool in the sauce. Do not boil again. Remove the cutlets from the pan and arrange them on plates.
6. Drop the cold butter pieces into the sauce until the sauce is thickened and it has a velvety luster. Pour the sauce over the cutlets. Garnish with parsley.
Cut the lemon with the open surface facing down, and let it caramelize with a bit of sugar. Serve with spiral noodles and tomato salad.